Thursday, July 27, 2006

The longest day

I have had the longest day in history.
I got up at 5 a.m. to pray, work on my blog entry and do some housework. All of the above done. Check. Well, except I didn't get my blog entry written, but I got my freebie done and ready to go. But I worked on it a little longer than I wanted to. My husband left for work at 6, so I had to stop what I was doing and say goodbye, the dog was whining and needed to relieve himself and my stomach started growling.
As soon as I finished with these various tasks I sat down at the computer and sighed, now I was really ready to get to work.
"Mom, can I have breakfast?"
I turned around with a start. My oldest, Max, was standing there. So much for time alone with my designing. But at least my time with the Lord was interrupted, so that's the most important thing.
I also couldn't decide what to wear to work, I tried on different pairs of shorts, but nothing looked right, Max gave his advice from time to time. "Those shorts are fine mom, let's go."
"Wait," I said, "what about these?" I put on a tan cargo pair. They matched my shirt and sandals nicely.
"Uh mom, those look like 20s man pants."
Now I don't know what that means, but I figured it wasn't good.
Then the phone rang.
"Oh Max, answer that," I said, putting my man pants on.
"Hello ... LARRY????" I heard Max say loudly into the phone, "Uh, he's not here."
Hence me posting at nearly 10 at night. I had the day from H-E double hockey sticks.
I also was late to work because I was talking to my mom longer than I should have been when I dropped the kids off at her apartment for her to babysit.
I noticed the time and flew out the door to drive 45 minutes.
It was the slowest drive ever, I was behind every semi in the world in a no passing zone.
I finally arrived and there was a pile of work for me.
I never thought I would get done.
Two people are on vacation.
Anyway, so I finally clear a pathway through the stacks of work and it's time to leave for the day, I had to get back so I could take the boys to a swim party.
The party was a whole lot of fun for the kiddos and amusing for me, too.
Then Danny pooped his pants. Twice.
I had to clean him up and he threw a huge fit because I said we had to leave.
Here he is, a discontent 5-year-old, wearing girl's shorts (borrowed from the hostesses' daughter) and a diver mask on his head, brown eyes blazing, it was a frightening site to behold.
I finally convinced him to come with us, in spite of his grabbing onto a tree and holding with dear life.
We finally arrived home, disheveled and worn, looking like something the cat had dragged in, only to be greeted by my husband, who also looked like something the cat ... oh nevermind.
Anyway, now here I am, at 9:55 p.m. And without further ado, here is your freebie, do you want one tomorrow, too??
The preview won't post because my blog is revolting against me, I guess :-/


cindiaskew said...

awesome colors, can't wait to play with it, thx

plp said...

Thank you for the pretty mini kit.
Hope today goes better for you.

Vicki said...

Love this kit! Thanks so much.

dmook said...

Oh Stephanie - You may have had the day from H E Double Hockey Sticks, but your rendition of it just makes my morning! You have such a flair for writing. Thanks for the freebie - and keep sharing your stories.

Moni said...

Hi Stephanie,
I just discovered your blog today from a link on
I love your designs! Thanks for sharing such wonderful freebies and I hope you are having a much better day today!


Julie said...

Oh shucks - I missed your link! It reached it's limit already!

Thanks for the daily mom posts --- nice to know i am not the only one with a "busy" life & not many me moments alone :)

Total Pageviews