Sunday, February 25, 2007

I loves me some Mickey D's

McDonalds.
Yes, I know that have the market cornered literally in the fast food market.
Yes, the food is fattening.
Yes, a study was once done about McDonald’s food and the health problems that can occur if one eats McDonalds everyday for every meal.
But you know what? I don’t care. I love McDonalds. McDonalds is my BFF!
When I was a kid, my mom was a supervisor at the brand spanking new Mickey D’s in Shenandoah.
My brother and I got to eat there ALL THE TIME.
So, I guess you could say I was raised on it. Unfortunately I can’t eat there a lot now with my boys, as they are Burger King lovers.
And so is my husband.
I’ve totally lost out.
I guess they prefer crispy fries to soggy greasy ones (which are my favorite kind of fries I might add.)
The boys in their not so subtle way always say “McDonalds is crap.” Hmm. Where could they have picked up an idea like that? Maybe it’s because our favorite clown and his restaurant get a bad rap. The food won’t kill you, you know! Well at least not right away.
If so I would be dead right now. I’m very much alive.
Case in point: Whenever the boys are at their grandparents and my husband is out of town, I totally splurge on McDonalds food. I order a 10-piece McNugget value meal and an M&M McFlurry. It’s pure bliss. Pure, greasy, fattening bliss.
The only thing that rivals the 10-piece McNugget is when the McRib comes back. I could eat at the big MD three times when that sandwich makes it’s annual appearance. I don’t. But I could.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I, too, could eat Mickey D's all of the time (no one makes fries as well!), but I just couldn't - it kills me :-). Glad to hear from you - was wondering what was up.

Anonymous said...

Stephanie...we must be kindred spirits. I am such a huge McDonald's fan. My kids are probably sick of it, but I literally could eat there every meal. I love the fries (dipped in their sweet and sour sauce which is hands-down the best out there), I love the fizz in their soda mix (diet Coke rocks!), I love the way a cheeseburger at my McDonald's tastes just like the one at YOUR McDonald's. I love Big Macs, and apple pies, and their bacon ranch salads, and their chocolate chip cookies. Oh, and don't even get me started on the bacon egg and cheese McGriddle. Sigh. I missed breakfast today, but as soon as I'm showered, (lounging around today) I will probably hit my drive-thru for some lunch! Woot!

Total Pageviews