Friday, July 21, 2006

Is it over ...


Yes it is! Vacation Bible School is finished! I have mixed emotions, a part of me is really sad (the crazy mixed-up part) and another part wants to jump for joy and get some rest.
But then again I never get rest, I'm a scrapper and a wife and a mother. Three strikes against me.
But, I think I'm going to start trying to get to bed at a decent hour, at least by 11 p.m. I know that sounds late to most people, but believe me, it's darn early to me! :)
I don't know when this vicious circle started, the need be the only lights on in the neighborhood. And what example am I setting for my kiddos? Especially when I tell them they need to go to bed by 9 every night.
They know the truth about me, too.
Seven-year-old Max will say "Mom, did you go to bed at 2 or 3 last night?"
Smart kid. Gets it from his mom.
Anyway, I have to tell him the truth because lying sets a bad example also.
"Oh about 3:30."
"3:30!!!! Mom, you need to sleep more!"
They're cute at that age when they're chastising you for staying up late.
I guess his first clue that I don't get the proper rest I need is when I walk the coffee pot and try to drink the dog.
Or it could be when he and his brother ask if they can play with knives while I'm still in bed at 9:30 a.m. and I mumble, "sure, and shut the door behind you ... "
I guess my priorities have gotten a little out of whack.
I think it's time to reevaluate.
It's also time to put Jesus back in the center of my life where He belongs, oh yes, I've told him He can play with knives, too. Well spirtually that is.
So, I guess I'll be joining you with my new freebie tomorrow morning as I plan to be up with the sun. But I guess with this Daylight Saving Time business the sun rises later now, huh?
Oh well, at least I'll try to get up before the trash guys get here.

Here is your freebie, it's plum pretty, that's what I think I want to call it, I don't know. Anyway, hope you enjoy and sorry it's so late today! Please don't forget this blog and leave the love!
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=4C054CB16AC72578
Don't forget to check out 2BScrapped.com!!!!

Oh and here's a video of Knight Rider to run through your head and drive you nuts, beware! And check out all of the plastic surgery he's prolly had.
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-3382491587979249836

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much fotr this "Plum Pretty Kit"!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your Plum Pretty Kit, it is very pretty!

Thank you for the Knight video link. Funny! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the kit! And good luck getting to bed on time!!!

Total Pageviews